One of the staples in the Ranch kitchen is our healthy granola recipe. Super yummy, satisfying and low in calories, this recipe is a huge favorite of our guests. So as a gift to you from us and a way to bring the Ranch home, we offer you our granola recipe. Enjoy!
Makes six cups
- Vegetable oil spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened unfiltered apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange
- juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, almonds, seeds, flour, oat bran, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom.
- In another bowl, whisk together the honey, apple juice, vanilla and oil until the honey is thoroughly incorporated. Add the orange zest and the orange juice if desired.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread the granola evenly over the baking sheet and bake 1 to 2 hours, checking every fifteen minutes. When the granola starts to brown, stir gently with a spatula. Take care that the outside edges do not burn. When golden and dry, scrape onto a plate or cool baking sheet and set aside to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Calories per serving: 25, 1 tablespoon per serving