Feldenkrais® Week | Ilana Nachoum
Are you flexible, strong and balanced? Do you experience little or no muscular or skeletal pain? Feldenkrais is an exhilarating method of optimizing performance through intelligent and gentle, yet challenging movements. Ilana helps us recognize the hidden potential in each of us, and discover new approaches to physical rehabilitation. Once disabled with severe sciatica and lower back pain, Ilana overcame her limitations and gained insight into the mechanisms of the body and the healing process. Private one-on-one sessions also are available with Donna Wood, a Feldenkrais practitioner from San Diego.
Concert | Daryl Stuermer
Virtuoso lead guitarist Daryl Stuermer of the super-group Genesis and Phil Collins has been touring the world to sold-out crowds since 1978, creating the signature guitar sound of the Phil Collins mega hits "In the Air Tonight" and "Easy Lover." As co-writer of the Phil Collins 1989 Grammy Award Winning, Billboard No. 4 single "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven," Stuermer continues to write music for his eight solo albums of original music and cover his favorite Genesis vocals and instrumentals along the way.
Daryl will also present:
Stories from the Road - Touring with Phil Collins, Genesis and Jean-Luc Ponty
- World tours dating back to 1975 to the present
- Royal & special performances
- Taking families on the road
How Daryl Stuermer's Music Career Began
- First instrument, first band, guitar influences...etc.
- Early days working in nightclubs & bars
- Auditioning with Jean-Luc Ponty, Gino Vannelli, & Genesis
- Touring the world before computers - mid 70's thru 80's
- Songwriting & co-writing with Phil Collins
Guitar Demonstration & How Recording Has Changed Over the Years
- A general demonstration of how sounds are created on guitars
- Popular guitar licks & riffs - i.e. Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, George Harrison…etc.
- The making of an album - from Jean-Luc Ponty to Phil Collins
- How recording and the recording industry has changed
The First Final Farewell Tour
- Discussing and viewing highlights of the Phil Collins 2004 "First Final Farewell Tour and Documentary" and Genesis 2007 "When in Rome" DVD
All programs are followed by a Q & A.