This Mint Agave Jasmine Rice recipe is from our hands-on cooking class at La Cocina Que Canta with visiting chef Laura Pauli. It’s simple and easy to make, and the jasmine rice makes a perfect side dish for fall with warm sweet flavors. Enjoy!
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoon agave
- ½ cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots, dates, golden raisins
- ½ bunch mint, fine chiffonade
- Make rice – 2 cups rice to 4 cups water. Combine rice and water in a large pot and cover. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until the water is evaporated.
- Add agave to rice and combine. Add more to taste.
- Add pistachios to the dried fruits and combine.
- Garnish the rice with the fruit and nuts. Add mint before serving so it stays green.