Click here for a printable copy of our Rates.
Click here for Special Offers and Limited Time Offers.
Click here for any Special Promotions as these offers are updated regularly.
Click here for our Cancellation Fee Waiver to help keep your vacation plans flexible.
Complete “Fitness Week” Plans
Our Fitness Week plans feature:
- 7 nights/8 days, with arrival on Saturday, departure on following Saturday.
- Scheduled round-trip transportation between San Diego Airport and Rancho La Puerta (Saturdays)
- Three gourmet spa meals plus two snacks (smoothie bar, juices, soups, vegetables, etc.) daily, plus all beverages at meals and snacks.
- Use of all fitness, spa, recreational, educational (library) and laundry facilities.
- Scheduled group classes (approximately 50 different classes each day, with up to five choices every hour), guided hikes and walks, activities, workshops.
- Evening programs and entertainment
- Spa and Fitness concierges to help you customize your program.
- NO service charge. Tipping always optional.
Spa services, personal one-on-one training, and cooking classes or demonstrations at La Cocina Que Canta cooking school are a la carte.
When space permits, we occasionally offer “We’re Flexible” stays of 3 nights or more. Please call Reservations at 800-443-7565 for availability so we can help you plan a shorter stay to meet the needs of your busy life.
One of our private cottages will be your retreat for the week. NO TWO ARE EXACTLY ALIKE! Their location, orientation, architecture, bright fabrics, and enchanting collections of museum-quality folk art make each unique. All rooms have refrigerators, hair dryers, CD players, irons, robe(s) and alarm clocks.
All accommodations are on ground level and open onto adjacent gardens and patios. No automobiles have access to the grounds. Your luggage will be delivered and picked up by hand-cart or bicycle. Walking here is a delight. Our founders Edmond and Deborah Szekely designed the Ranch specifically to reward walkers with exercise and beauty.
These have a studio bedroom and bath. Most units provide two double beds and accommodate one or two persons. Eight of our Rancheras, clustered around a flower-encircled patio, have been set aside for the exclusive use of women traveling alone.
These have a studio bedroom, bath, wet bar, separate sitting area, and fireplace or wood-burning stove. Most units are configured with two double beds. Haciendas may be booked by one or two persons.
Jr. VILLA STUDIOS
Jr. Villa Studios have a bedroom area, large sitting area, wet bar, bath and fireplace. Units come with two double beds and accommodate one or two persons.
Our Villa Studios have a bedroom area, large living room, wet bar, bath, dressing area with extra sink, and fireplace. Units are configured with either two or three beds.
TWO-BEDROOM VILLA SUITES
Our largest accommodations, Two-Bedroom Villa Suites have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, wet bar and fireplace. There are either one large bed and two single beds or four single beds. Accommodates two, three or four persons.
Jr. Villa Studio, Villa Studio and Two-Bedroom Villa Suite guests enjoy a continental breakfast served by the pool in summer, and in their rooms in winter.
PASSPORT AND “TOURIST VISA” INFORMATION
On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry must have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security. For more information, please click here.
This essentially means that most of our guests MUST have their passport to enter and leave Mexico. Visitors from countries other than the US or Canada via San Diego (and returning to San Diego) must also bring a passport and any necessary and current visas that allow re-entry into the U.S. Also, they should check with their country's Mexican Consulate to obtain a visa or to find out if citizens qualify under a visa waiver.
Mexican Tourist Tax will be collected by a Rancho La Puerta representative during your arrival process. You will need to bring $30 U.S. Dollars in cash (small denominations to ensure you have the exact amount.
All guests arrive on Saturday. Orientation meetings/tours are available for first-time guests on Saturday and Sunday. Guests who have previously visited can attend the ‘What’s New’ portion of these meetings. We are not able to offer refunds or adjustments to those who arrive late or leave early.
On Saturdays only, we provide courtesy shuttle service between San Diego International Airport and Rancho La Puerta at these scheduled times: 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 12:15 p.m., and 2:45 p.m. If this does not dovetail with your arrival flight time, we suggest that you make private arrangements with a taxi or limo service (a taxi from the airport to the Ranch costs approximately $100). Our Reservations office can assist you with taxi and limo company recommendations. Courtesy shuttles depart the Ranch on Saturdays only at 5:30 a.m., 7:45 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 12:15 p.m., and 2:30 p.m. See Preparing for your Week.
Our Reservations Office is open Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Pacific Time, and weekends 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Telephone: U.S. toll-free 1(800) 443-7565 or worldwide (858) 764-1845. Facsimile: (858) 764-5560. Or, click here to place your Reservations request online.
Deposit and Pre-Payment Information
A $500 advance deposit per person, per week, is required at time of booking to guarantee your reservation. Full balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
A date change made within 30 days of the arrival date is considered a cancellation and is subject to the cancellation fees mentioned below.
Standard Policy (No Cancellation Fee Waiver)
- More than 15 days: $500 cancel fee per week; Balance refunded.
- 14 Days or less: $1000 cancel fee per week; Balance held on account for 1 year towards a future visit.
- Day of arrival: Forfeit 50%; 50% held on account for 1 year towards a future visit.
With Cancellation Fee Waiver (Cost = $100 per week at time of deposit)
- More than 15 days: $500 per week held on account for 1 year towards a future visit; Balance refunded.
- 14 Days or less: $250 cancel fee per week; Balance held on account for 1 year towards a future visit.
- Day of arrival: $500 cancel fee per week; Balance held on account for 1 year towards a future visit.
Didn't add on the Cancellation Fee Waiver at the time of deposit but now think you might need it?
- You can add it for $200 per week, as long as your arrival date is more than 30 days away. Unfortunately, it cannot be added within 30 days of arrival.
Gift Certificates (issued by Rancho La Puerta) in any amount are available from the Rancho La Puerta reservations office. They’re a great way to surprise a friend or loved one with a stay at the Ranch, or treat them to a few spa treatments after they arrive.
“Spa Certificates,” issued by a company other than Rancho La Puerta, are generally not accepted. An exception is Spa Finder gift certificates. Please call us first before you buy any “spa certificate” from a company other than Rancho La Puerta. If the certificate is acceptable, the use of any spa gift certificate issued by a company other than Rancho La Puerta is limited by the following:
1. NO gift certificates (other than our own) are accepted on the premises of Rancho La Puerta.
2. Any certificate must be received by our U.S. reservations office one month in advance of your arrival date.
3. Certificates are only valid toward payment for your room.
4. $500 per person, per visit, maximum (using one certificate or any total of certificates).
5. A certificate is only valid if it is issued by a company with which Rancho La Puerta has a current partnership.
6. We reserve the right to refuse any certificate issued by a company other than Rancho La Puerta.
Occasionally, space permitting...
It takes a full week to achieve and retain the magic of Rancho La Puerta, but many people find that a week away is simply not possible. When we have space available, we may allocate a limited number of reservations for a partial-week stay of three nights or more. These shorter visits may be available at the “last minute” (i.e. a few days before your hoped-for arrival date) or as a special promotion that we will announce on the website and by e-mail. Please call the reservations office to see if this option is available for the week and arrival day you are considering.
Rates: Daily rate (lodging, meals, program and classes) will be pro-rated at one-seventh of the weekly rate. As always, there are no additional service fees.
Arrival: Partial-week guests who arrive on Saturday may use our complimentary transportation service at regularly scheduled times from the San Diego Airport. Your early departure, however, must be by cab. You may also plan a partial-week stay in which you depart the Ranch on a Saturday, thereby using our complimentary shuttle back to the airport. Your early arrival, however, must be by cab. Of course, guests are also welcome to drive their own car to Rancho La Puerta.
If you are new to the Rancho La Puerta experience, it is an advantage to arrive at the start of the week on either Saturday or Sunday by 11:00 a.m. so that you may attend orientation meetings. Returning guests are asked to attend the ‘What’s New’ portion of these meetings. For those arriving on other days, a special orientation tour will be arranged.
Transportation: On Saturdays, scheduled shuttle service to and from the San Diego International Airport is provided complimentary. On all other days, taxi or limousine service can be arranged.