Makes four dozen cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup wheat flake cereal
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then the milk, beating until combined. (The milk will not quite combine with the butter well and the mixture will look a little separated, but this is fine.)
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, cereal, pastry flour, almonds, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Add oat mixture to the milk and eggs mixture, and mix on the lowest speed until thoroughly combined.
- Use a tablespoon measure or small ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto lightly oiled baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each scoop.
- Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until lightly browned.