Every Friday we have a class where we teach our guests how to turn the healthy lessons they’ve learned during their stay into habits. In this post, we’ll cover exactly what is done in class so you can do it in the comfort of your own home.
How to Take the Ranch Home
- The first step is to make a list of things that you’ve done at the Ranch that you would like to continue in your daily life. For example, eating healthier, exercising more, or beginning a daily meditation practice.
- Pick an item that you think is the most important or achievable in your everyday life.
- Write down three steps that will help you achieve your goal.
- Now, close your eyes and picture yourself three weeks after having achieved your goal. Three weeks is a significant amount of time because it takes 21 days to develop a habit.
- What are some of the words that you would use to describe yourself in your new state?
- Be honest with yourself. What is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of developing your new habit?
- Choose one word to remind yourself of your goal when facing an obstacle. Repeat this word when you find yourself going off track.
- If your goal requires a daily practice, schedule it in your everyday life despite your obstacles.
- Write a card to send to the new you in three weeks. Write how proud you are of yourself for accomplishing your goal and maintaining your new habit. Remind yourself of the goals you set while at the Ranch.
Stay tuned for Part 2 when we dive into how to use our online community, Ranch Circle, to take assessments, define your goals and track your progress.